Virginia Retired Teachers Association (VRTA) vrta.org
Arlington Public Schools (APS) apsva.us
The Arlington Community Foundation (ACF) hosts our two scholarship investment accounts. arlcf.org
Groups we support:
Reading is Fundamental of Norther Virginia (RIF of NOVA) rifnova.org
APS Outdoor Lab –
Arlington Outdoor Education Association’s Outdoor Lab outdoorlab.org
IMPORTANT CONTACTS TO HAVE AVAILABLE IN YOUR RECORDS
* Virginia Retirement System (VRS) – Call 1-888-827-3847 or visit
www.varetire.org . You can also use this site to check the value of your VRS life
insurance policy. This policy is held with Securian Financial ,
* Visit www.varetire.org/publications for a copy of the VRS inventory guide for
members and retirees, Get Organized and Losing a Loved One, Guide for Families,
Help with your next steps to claim VRS benefits.
* VRS Defined Contribution Plans – Call 1-877-327-5261 and ask to speak with an
Investor Services Representative, or visit www.varetire.org/dcp .
* Arlington County Retirement Office – (Supplementary benefit for pre-1981 hires)
Phone: 703-228-3900 or 1-800-296-9510. There is no survivor benefit.
* Social Security Administration – Phone: 1-800-772-1213, contact your local Social
Security Administration office or visit www.socialsecurity.gov . Have the Social
Security number of the deceased ready to report. Note that often the funeral home
has already reported this information.